LEXUS ES 300 TERMINAL PROBLEM

1999 Lexus ES 300 • 98,000 miles

How can I fix P1780 code by myself?

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
The park/neutral position switch go on when the shift lever is in the N or P shift position. When it goes on terminal NSW of the ECM is grounded to body ground via the starter relay, thus the terminal NSW voltage becomes 0 V. When the shift lever is in the D, 2, L or R position, the park/neutral position switch goes off, so the voltage of ECM. Terminal NSW becomes battery voltage, the voltage of the ECM internal power source. If the shift lever is moved from the N position to the D position, this signal is used for air-fuel ratio correction and for idle speed control (estimated control), etc.

NSPECTION PROCEDURE

HINT: Read freeze frame data using LEXUS hand-held tester or OBD II scan tool. Because freeze frame records the engine conditions when the malfunction is detected, when troubleshooting it is useful for determining whether the vehicle was running or stopped, the engine warmed up or not, the air-fuel ratio lean or rich, etc. At the time of the malfunction.