TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 170,000 miles

6cyl - 4.0 - Automatic 99 Grand Cherokee Limited - 170k miles.
My transmission was running fine with no symptoms. One morning it suddenly would not shift, it wouldn't come out of first gear. I ran the shifter to 1st, 2nd & Drive plus tried the overdrive button on the stick shift but it wouldn't come out of first gear.
Neutral, reverse and park all work fine.
Oil was clean and full.
Took it to a shop and they rebuilt the transmission, tested and said it worked fine. Cost, 1800 bucks.
However when I drove away from the shop it still had the same problem. Now in shop again.
Could the problem be electrical or some sort of computer module?
It has been having electrical problems for the last 5 or 6 months.
1)No electrical working from steering wheel (horn, cruz control, stereo controls).
2) Driver door electric control buttons won't work when door is open (elec windows, mirror & door locks)
3) interior fan doesn't work. I bi-passed 12 volts to it and it worked. (I believe this is an isolated problem.)
Wondering if it could be same wire bundle or computer mod as transmission if that's the case.
Thanks!
Cherokee_Scott

Man, I am never amazed at the fleecing that goes on with transmission shops! Sad but true.

Fixitmr
You've got 2 speed sensors input and output that are inexpensive to replace and known to cause shift problems. I'd give those a try.

Fixitmr
Also make sure all fuses are good.

Fixitmr
I'm not too sure it would be a fuse because if it worked after the problem, even just for a short test run like the shop did, that would eliminate a fuse. Once a fuse goes bad, always bad.
Thanks though.

Cherokee_Scott
Also seems odd it only worked on the test drive? Guess you'll wait and see if they can duplicate their miracle?

Fixitmr