HYUNDAI SONATA ENGINE PROBLEM

1999 Hyundai Sonata • 143,000 miles

Very slow acceleration, cat is good. Transmission rebuild and running good, normal idle just a gap in the air intake tube from the air filter to the intake that I will repair, engine sounds like it has no sufficient air when accelerating like suffocated
Mobius1

Also have the P1723 code fore the transmission control relay open or short ground.

Mobius1
Have a trans guy look at it and scan for codes, control relay may be your problem. Also check fuel pressure

Already check the fuel pressure, new fuel filter also, trans does not slip it makes the gear changes very smooth and good and the code came like 1 month later, I puled out the code my self with my scan tool, in neutral engine stumbles when on high RPM already went to the mechanic and they could not find nothing wrong with the engine. But also my ecu has no communication with live data, mechanics blame the computer (ECU).

Mobius1