OVERHEATING

1999 Hyundai Elantra • 125,000 miles

I have a 99 hyndai elantra and it keeps overheating. I changed the water pump, radiator, thermostat, even took the thermostat out and ran it like that. Any suggestions? Bottom rad hose is still cold also.
Sconvery23

Can you check coolant flow through the system? What about clogged radiator? Does the radiator fan work?

Haven't checked the coolant flow. Will do. Same for clogged radiator. Just run water through it? And no the fans do not work. They have power to them but don't turn on.

Sconvery23
If you do a lot of stop and go driving, you to have a fan that works. I haven't looked at your wiring yet, but, if voltage and ground to the fan are good and no fan operation, suspect a faulty fan.

Do you have a radiator cap, if you remove it, can you see the coolant? If so, with the thermostat removed and everything hooked up. Drain some of the coolant down just till you can see coolant passages. Start the vehicle, flow should be instant. You should be able to see coolant movement.

Here is the fan wiring diagram, top wire is voltage, black wire is ground. Check both.