HARD SHIFT TRANSMISSION

1999 Honda Civic • 150 miles

Just had my transmission rebuilt on a 99' auto honda civic lx by aamco transmission who is pretty reputable and I wanted a good warranty. Is there a break in period for the new transmission parts.I get a late shift when shifting. Like in 3rd gear it shifts around 3000 rpm. Or could this be related to something else
DaltonMacalla

Shifting is relative to vehicle speed, accelerator pedal position and other signals so there is no fixed engine rpm for it to up shift.

There is no break-in period and if you feel something is not right, it is best to get AAMCO to have a look at it.

Thank you. So if there was a problem it would be with the transmission?

DaltonMacalla
It might not be. The transmission is electronically controlled and the controls or wiring can be the cause as well.

If the Malfunction Indicator Light is illuminated or the D4 light blinks while driving, then an error has been detected. You would need a scan to retreive the trouble codes to understand what could be wrong.

There has been no indicator light. Maybe the tps?

DaltonMacalla
No indicator lights indicates means no electrical or control faults detected.

TPS would throw a code but if the adjustments are slightly out of specs, that is possible for causing harsh shifting.

Okay cool thanks so I'm going to get a new tps and call them. If it wasn't fixed could it cause a large problem? Because it's not shifting bad just a little high and I have a warranty for a year anyway with the tranny

DaltonMacalla
Also could a transmission relearn help this? Or does it even need it?

DaltonMacalla
Don't change the TPS. In fact don't change anything yet. Get AAMCO to give it a test and they can put on a scan tool to test the TPS.

Some relearning is requirted and if you just had the car back, drive it around for a while first.

Cool thank you so much!

DaltonMacalla
You're welcome.