AIR CONDITIONING STOPPED WORKING

1999 Honda Civic • 4 cylinder FWD Automatic • 110,000 miles

1999 Honda Civic mileage 110,000. The air conditioning on my Civic stopped working intermittently this week, mostly upon acceleration, then stopped blowing cold air all together. I purchased a recharge kit (R134a) with a gauge, and upon connecting, realized the low side held approximately 100 PSI. I don't have an adapter to check the pressure of the high side. The low side pressure does not change with engine running or not. My thought is I might have a blockage. Is there an Achilles heel of the R134a A/C system in this car, and do you have a suggestion as to where any blockage or stuck valve may be. I think I may have to resort to taking it in for professional service, since my ASE A/C certification ran out in 1992, two years before R134a became standard. Any advice would be helpful. The compressor is turning properly.

2CarPros-Archives

Your problem could be that the vacuum lines have failed, blend doors in the heater-air-conditioning duct work are stuck or malfunctioning, fuses have blown, bad switches and or relays, etc. Even with your expertise, you should have your air conditioning repaired by an experienced mechanic

2CarPros-Archives