CHEVY GAUGE CLUSTER

1999 GMC Truck • V8 4WD Automatic • 177,000 miles

1999 chevy truck, where is the bad solder joint on the back of the gauge cluster that causes the odometer not to read out or what gear your in
Cdav78**

'98 models used a flexible printed circuit that was known for developing hairline cracks in the copper circuits, especially in areas where they become skinny to fit into a tight space. By 2002 the cluster was a computer module and just as unreliable as all the other computers. I'm not sure where the '99 model falls in there but if you do an internet search, you will see there are a real lot of companies that repair GM clusters. They wouldn't be around if this wasn't such a common problem.

I've repaired a few older Chrysler clusters but recently had one I couldn't figure out so I sent it to a specialist. Had it back in a few days, working great, and at a very low cost. I used Advanced Auto Electronics, Inc. In Virginia.