1999 GMC Suburban Repair Question
GMC Suburban Door Problem
Removal & Installation
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Insert a flat-blade screwdriver between door
inside bezel and handle assembly. Carefully bend retaining clips outward while
pulling on bezel. If vehicle is equipped with power door locks, disconnect electrical connector.
2. Remove trim panel upper extension from trim panel by pulling upward. Remove
armrest plugs from trim panel. Remove armrest screws and armrest pad. Disconnect courtesy light electrical connector (if equipped).
3. Remove door trim panel by using Trim Pad Retainer Clip Remover (J-38778). Using flat-blade screwdriver, pry window switch panel from door trim panel. Disconnect electrical connector and remove window switch panel. Remove water deflector by pulling it back from door assembly.
4. Lower window completely. Remove bolts holding door inner panel to door. Disconnect lock and handle rods from back of door inner panel.
5. To install, reverse removal procedure.
39,900 answers provided