VACUUM LEAKS - USUSAL SUSPECTS

1999 GMC Sierra • V8 2WD Automatic • 210,000 miles

I am having real trouble with my Truck. I keep on hearing from mechanics and other knowledgable people that my problem could be because of Vacuum leaks in the Engine.
Now I understand (basically) the theroy of what they are getting at, but could someone tell me what they specifically mean? Also, could you tell me where in the Engine should I look and how many places are there where the seal could be leaking?
I guess what I am asking is who are the usual suspects?
Finally, is there any place online where I can see a picture (system diagram) of what they are talking about?
Chrispassey1

What is the problem you are having?

Dennyp
The problem is that the Truck is stalling at a stop and it idling poorly. It almost sounds like it is choaking. I have replaced the Mass air filter, the spark plugs and ignition coils (I am not sure if the last two would be the cause) and I am hoping it isn't the catalytic converter. So before I hit that point, I decided to ask around and everyone I ask says it could be a vacuum leak. I just don't really know where to start.

Chrispassey1
Start off by having it scanned for any trouble codes. If you don't have any codes, try cleaning the throttle body.
Use some throttle body cleaner and a toothbrush to scrub the carbon out of the inside of the throttle body opening.
Let me know if this helps.

Dennyp
Thanks,
I will do that tonight and get back to you.

Thanks dennyp!

Chrispassey1