, RUNNING PROBLEM

1999 GMC Sierra • 178,000 miles

This is a 1999 K1500 4.8 liter. This truck was towed in after sitting for over a year. The Fuel Pump was bad, so installed new pump and truck would run but it ran rough. Found corroded wires on Cylinder 1 and 3, installed new wires and plugs, ran better but still running rough. I hooked it to Snap-On scanner and got a Code PO300, misfire. Checked data screen on scanner and got a Cylinder 5 and Cylinder 7 misfire. Performed compression test and cylinders checked Okay. Performed spark test and had spark to 5 and 7 cylinder. I also performed a fuel injection cleaning and it didn’t change 5 and 7 misfire. Any ideas what I should try next?
Pchefsonya

ENGINE ADJUSTMENTS -1999 GMC Sierra 1500
Page 1 of 1
Adjusting Camshaft Retard Offset

1.
Turn ignition off. Slightly loosen distributor hold-down bolt. Start engine. Increase engine speed to more than 1000 RPM.
Using scan tool, monitor Cam Retard Offset. To adjust for a negative reading, rotate distributor counterclockwise. To adjust for a positive reading, rotate distributor clockwise.
Continue to adjust as necessary until zero degrees plus or minus 2 degrees is attained. Turn ignition off. Tighten distributor hold-down bolt to 25 ft. Lbs. (34 N.M). Start engine. Increase
engine speed to more than 1000 RPM. Using scan tool, verify camshaft retard offset adjustment.

Rivermikerat
This truck is Distributor less. It has individual coil packs for each cylinder. I tried switching pack 3 and 5 but it didn't change the miss in the engine. Any ideas?

Pchefsonya
Check compression. Check power and interrupt signal to the coils.

Rivermikerat