GMC JIMMY BODY PROBLEM

1999 GMC Jimmy • 125,000 miles

Vehicle stalls out under when slowing down or stopping usually starts right back up.

You may have a bad IAC ( idle air control) but try eliminating any vacuum leaks and cleaning the throttle body first. Remove the intake snorkel, have someone hold the throttle wide open for you and scrub the back side of the throttle plate and surrounding bore with an old tooth brush and some carb cleaner. Be sure to spray some into the small holes next to the throttle plate. That should help stabilize the idle. If it still has a problem, replace the IAC.

Wrenchtech
Do you have a check engine light? Might want to disconnect the TCC Solenoid and see what happens-could be sticking-start here

Sorry Wrench, didn't see you-I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New year. I'm good talk later my friend

No problem Ras. Happy Holidays to you too.

Wrenchtech
BTW, I've learned that from you on the TCC solenoid at About -7 years ago-Thanks

That's not as big an issue on this later model stuff. You can't simply unplug a connector on these because most of the transmission is electronic control.

Wrenchtech
I get it, learn something new again-Thanks

How do you disconnect the TCC solenoid?

Kimbenoitconner
You can't

Wrenchtech
Oh, ok. Any other thoughts? We tried changing the IAC & it didn't help.

Kimbenoitconner
Page 1 of 2