AC COMPRESSOR WONT ENGAGE

1999 Ford Taurus • 130,000 miles

I have added 34 oz of freon, checked the fuse and relay and both are good; pushed on the ac clutch with engine running and my compressor will not engage. I tried to jump the pressure and cut out switch (switch on evap) and still nothing. I have not checked the clutch plug yet. Any ideas of what it could be or am I going in the right direction?
Stevendiesel4328

Try powering up the A/C clutch and see if the system operates, let me know what happens.

Mhpautos
Again, double checked relays and fuses, all are good. I have power to the ac cycle switch, jumped and I have power to the high pressure switch. I hot wired the clutch itself and nothing. I left my test light in light to make sure the circuit completed and it did. I am assuming bad clutch. Sound right?

Stevendiesel4328
Faulty clutch by the sounds of things.

Mhpautos
Thats what I thought, thanks for the help. I will have time to replace it next month. If anything doesnt work i'll be asking more.

Stevendiesel4328