WON'T START

1999 Ford Ranger • 162,000 miles

First, my alternator went bad and I replaced it. Then my truck would turn over and I whether or not it helped I moved the negative battery cable around until I would finally get lucky enough to have my truck successfully start. It did not do this every time, but often. It wasn't long until my fuel pump quit working, so I replaced it myself after it sat for about 4-5 days and it started just fine and ran for a night. My truck did not start the next morning because the fuel pump wouldn't work again. And so, every now and then I would try to get it to fire up (maybe every 3 days, at one time it was 8 days between tries). Eventually I got my truck to fire up and I ran around town to let the truck work itself out from either a battery charge issue or a fuel line issue. The truck ran well and only had difficulty starting once on this day. I probably started it about 10 times and drove maybe 12 miles total on the day it miraculously started. The next day, however, it turned over and did not start. I attempted to start it a few times until my battery died and I also noticed the theft light blinking rapidly. I removed the battery, put a brand new one in and when I went back the theft light still blinked rapidly and the motor would turn over without a successful fire. Again, and then one more time I tried until nothing. Completely dead battery. I'm at my wits end chasing google searches and the limited assistance from my Haynes book. Inertia switch doesn't need to be reset, no leaks, and no fuel pressure. Please help.
Jeffdude

If the security light is coming on, that is the problem. In this case, you need to have a dealer check it for you to identify the problem. They are the only ones that have the proper equipment.