CANNOT AFFORD MUCH MORE!

1999 Ford Ranger • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 179,000 miles

I just got my truck(1999 ford ranger 3.0) out of the shop (napa)(yesterday may 6th)! Back in march they said I either had a blown head gasket or a cracked head they tested it with the chemical they mix with the coolant. Then he said if it was the gasket I would still have to have the heads reworked and it would be cheaper just to buy a new set of heads, so that is what we did. I payed them to tear down the motor and put them in. It was very costly. Three days after I got my truck out of the shop back in march I went out and cranked it to let it get warm before work and it started rattling and spitting and sputtering. So I take it back right then they checked it and it had a broke rocker arm they replaced the rocker arm at no charge to me. I took it back to them this last time because the valves were rattling to the point it sounded like a diesel and it has a really rough idle. They ran all kinds of test every thing checked out fine. But when he pulled the #2 plug and put a camera down in it only one valve was open what ever that meant? He finally said the #2 injector was messed up and he put a new idle air control sensor on it of course charged me for what seems to me like guess work said it was fixed and sent me on my way. Well in less than 10 miles it has started pinging again and has the same rough idle. The idle was rough when I left but he said it should clear its self up? I am at the end of my rope what do you think?

thank you,
joshua scott
Krystalscott26

Could be a gas octane, ignition timing, knock sensor and EGR valve problem that will cause it to detonate-other than mechanical on the upper end of the engine