FORD RANGER ABS PROBLEM

1999 Ford Ranger • 217,000 miles

My brakes are acting strangely. When approaching a stop light or stop swign, my truck will swlow down normally as a get down to about 5mph. At about that speed, the brakes lose strength and the truck will continue to roll forward another 10 -20 feet. The brake pedal does not go to the floor and there is no leaks that I can tell. The reservoir is full. I had a shade tree mechanic replace a broken spring on the left rear assembly, but to his surprise it did nothing to solve the issue. Have you heard of this problem before?

MAYBE IT'S AN ABS ISSUE?

YOU KNOW, NORMALLY THE "ABS FEATURE" KEEPS THE BRAKES FROM LOCKING UP. IF YOU SLAM THEM ON----THIS ALLOWS YOU TO "STEER", NOT SLIDE (UNABLE TO STEER)"THEY" SAY THIS MAY HELP YOUR STEER OUT OF A POSSIBLE ACCIDENT

DO YOU HAVE ABS. IS THE LIGHT ON ON THE DASH?

MAYBE IT'S MALFUNCTIONING. THIS IS A COMPLICATED FIX. MR. SHADE TREE MOST LIKELY DOES NOT HAVE THE HIGH DOLLAR DIAGNOSTIC EQUIPMENT