99 3.0 IGNITION PROBLEMS

1999 Ford Ranger • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 135,000 miles

Moved up north from down south. When im away on business, the battery always died. So I replaced the battery. A couple weeks later I went out of town for about a month when it got extremely cold out. Whenever I got back, the battery was dead so I had a co-worker try to jump it off. After I let it charge up a few minutes, I tried to start it and there was a fast clicking sound. I got a hammer and tapped on the starter while someone else tried to start it. Nothing. Now, there is a constant clicking noise that comes from the power distribution box under the hood and from under the dash under the radio area. Cant seem to find anything online about this. Please help.
Masilius

It sounds like your battery is defective. Take it back to where you bought it and have them test the battery. They should warranty it if you just recently bought it. Now if the battery drain is a constant issue, you will need to have the electrical system checked for a short somewhere that is actually causing the battery to drain down.

JIS001