HEAD GASKET, REPLACE ENGINE, COST???

1999 Ford Mustang • 120,000 miles

My aunt gave me her 1999 Ford Mustang Saturday. She told me that there was a blown head gasket. Knowing that it had set for 2 years, untouched, I took my battery from my other car and put it in the mustang. It acted like it wanted to start, but just would not. Now, I'm having trouble finding out where to get parts and how much it will cost to be replaced. Like I said above, it wouldn't start, and a guy at one auto body shop told me he couldn't replace JUST the head gasket, he would have to replace the whole engine. So I need to know, if that is true; And approximately how much it would cost to fix the problem.
ImperfectAngel13

Dunno the cost of repairs due to it varies with location-

If its cranking over and will not start-check the fuel pressure and also for spark-start here-also refer to this link for more information:http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Okay thanks. My dad also said the oil was kinda milky? What does that mean?

ImperfectAngel13
If its milky have it block and pressure tested-to rule out a blown headgasket, cracked head or block

Okay and this guy that works at a auto body place, he said that he couldn't replace the gasket he could only replace the whole engine? Is that necessarily true?

ImperfectAngel13
Go somewhere else and get a 2nd opinion

Okay, thank you so much for your help.

ImperfectAngel13