REMOTE KEY ENTRY DOESN'T WORK.

1999 Ford Focus • 125,000 miles

I bought 1.8 Tdci Ford Focus Year 12.1999. The remote key has had expired battery so I change it to new one and the remote key is working - led on it glows when pressed. But the keyless entry doesn't work. Central locking system is working good. I've tried with the 4 times in 6 seconds ignition 1 to 2 and that also doesn't work, there is no sound at all after that to reprograme the key. I checked all the fuses, also the fuse 63 and I don't know what could it be. Please help me. Milan
Milan12345

It may have to be programmed form ford. You have covered all the bases you can do.

Different fob has different programming procedures. Which transmitter do you have?

Battery replacement does not require reprogramming, there could be something else that is wrong.

I have the 2 button key, you can see on this picture here:

Milan12345
None of the remotes shown are 2 button type and for Focus, your method is the correct procedure for programming. You could have a fault with the control unit but give the folowing a try. They are different methods.

Instead of the 4 times in 6 seconds, try : a) 4 times within 3 seconds,
b) 5 times within 10 seconds,
c) 8 times within 10 seconds.

The time limit is important but do not rush. You might need to repeat the procedure more than once. During the turning on and off, you should hear the horn to indicate you are in programming mode.