FORD F-350 ENGINE PROBLEM

1999 Ford F-350 • 186,000 miles

1 have a 1999 ford f-350 7.3l diesel, iwas driving it and the wait to start light came on and went back off, the the engine stopped running. So itried to restart it, but the wait to start light did not come back on. But the motor turn over easily. Whats the problem.

Glow plug controller may be the light issue.

As far as stalling, it may be high pressure pump, icp sensor or the module. You need a good truck shop to check it for you

Ok, but if the light didnt come on when itried to restart it, does this mean the glow plugs are not heating up?

Vince lettau
The controller I mentioned, if the light does not come on, the plugs are not heating up

I found a fuse for the pcn relay coil, fuel heater, wastegate solenoid, injector driver module relay coil. 30 amp, I replaced it and the engine wait to start light came on. So I plug the truck in to heat it up, then I went to start it and the fuse blew again. What may cause this?

Vince lettau
Check all the glow plugs. For short to grounds. You may end up replacing them and hope the controller is still good.

Where is the glow plug controller located and how do I identiefy it?

Vince lettau