WITH THE KEY ON THE FUEL PRESURE ONLY GOES TO 40 PSI IF IT STARTS IT GOES TO 55 PSI DURING CRANK ITS AT 25PSI TO 35PSI

1999 Ford Explorer • 150,000 miles

Sometimes when it runs after it gets hot it will die and when it cools down it will start back up
CUJO8604

Fuel pressure should be 57-73 psi engine running. Check your fuel filter, but kind of sounds like pump is bad.

Its had 5 pumps in it and 2 sending units I know u can get bad pumps if it is pumps what is taking them out. At crank having low psi should not happen it should still be at 57-73 psi

CUJO8604
When you replace the fuel pump I hope you are changieng the filter as well. If this is the case then look into the filter in the tank before pump pickup may be clogged or just not good. You could also have a linepartially blocked, not allowing it to go on. Also looking on the ford site, they show a thing similar to this due to a lower fuel level an dusing winter blend fuels. Which doesn't explainmuch except mean when your tank may be 1/4 or less then don't let it get that low in winter. Part of the problem is the stuff they put in for winter and unseasonably warm weather being the cause. Putting in higher octane does not help.