CHOKE OUT

1999 Ford Expedition • V8 4WD Automatic • 160,000 miles

I have a 1999 ford expedition 4x4. I was driving yesterday and 2 hours into it at 70mph and between 2000 & 2100 rpms the car started to choke out it stopped when I increased the rpms. The check engine light did flash a few times and then shut off. It did this about 4 or 5 times in my 4 hour drive. Air filter is new I replaced the fuel filter about 3500 miles ago along with the fuel pump. I blew a plug 3 weeks ago and fixed it. I thought it might be the throttle position sensor but am leaning toward the egr valve/sensor/solenoid. Plesae help?
Socalwhiteposse

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/service-engine-soon-or-check-engine-light-on-or-flashing

Have the computer scanned for code/s-you have a problem within the engine management system that caused the CEL to turn on-This is your starting point of diagnosis,finding out what's going on.

Will do. Thanks

Socalwhiteposse