AUTO GBOX WARNING LIGHT

1999 Fiat Punto • V12 Automatic •

Hi everyone I hope u enjoyed your holiday.

My Punto 60sx selecta 1999 Auto have been running good soo far. After few weeks of snow I drove my kids to evening class about 10mints when I come back there was gearbox light show on dashboard and than my car stop moving on the road.I turned the engine off after 5 mints on again and its started.I tried to use short cut to home after a while the the gearbox light came again but I manage to get home with sign on. Next day I drove again its happen same, u can drive but when its happened the car wont move with engine on I have 2 turned of n wait at least 10 mints to move again on traffic road. Took to mechnic pay £25 told me something to do with gearbox inside faulty.I drove home ok with no any sign but when I park put on R the car stays not moving so I switch off wait 20mints and on again and than parking.

Please any help will be appreciate I dont want my girl send it to scrap I still love it.
Redpunto7