I HAVE A 99 IT HESITATES WHEN YOU FIRST PUT INTO DRIVE AND HAS A HARD TIME SHIFTING INTO SECOND AND THIRD GEAR WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS PROBLEM?

1999 Dodge Durango • 120,000 miles

I have a 99 dodge durango it hesitates when you first put into drive and has a hard time shifting into second and third gear what could cause this problem? I have not done any work to the vechical just wondering if you could give me some kind of idea to what could be causeing this problem
Itsmeurlookinat44

Have it scanned for codes. Check the transmission fluid condition, level, ad pressure. You want it red or pink, and not smelling like it's burned. The check the pressure, rent or borrow a gauge from a place like Pepe Boys, Autozone, or O'Reilly's. Or others.

Rivermikerat
Do you have a check engine light and when was tune-up?

Check if the transmission is slipping if okay-check exhaust system for restriction, TPS and MAP sensors and also check the fuel pressure-

Yes the check engine light is on. The transmissioin fluid is good. Sometimes it drives perfect but sometimes it takes it a long time to swich into second gear its revs really high the finally will change gears. I have been told it could be a shift cylinder im not sure if thats the problem it will cost me over $1,000 if I take it to somewhere like aamocowhich I really cant afford

Itsmeurlookinat44
Have it scanned for codes and let us know what they find. Tell them you want both soft and hard codes. You can have it scanned for free, even usually at Aamco.

Rivermikerat