A/C COMPLICATIONS

1999 Dodge Dakota • 93,000 miles

I replaced the heater core successfully with only heat coming out now instead of coolant and steam/smoke. Now I have noticed my A/C isn't making the air cold. I refilled the refrigerant and it became cold for a little while. About a week after I turned on the air and it was not cold. I did not mess with the A/C at all throughout the heater core replacement. There was a part to the right of the heater core that had the same radiator style. I believe it was the AC evaporator and I know I played with that a little. (Rookie mistake for the actual heater core) I think it may be a leak since it stayed cold for a few days. If anyone could answer this for me, please don't be hesitant. Tired of sweating!
Rollaboog

You will have to get the pressures check and a leak check done, if you disturbed the pipes you may have a leak form a damaged seal, a leak check can find if any of the seals are leaking, I would get this done first.

Mhpautos
How much does that normally cost to get A/C checked for leaks?

Rollaboog
This will depend on a few things, but normally they add a small charge of refrigerant with a leak detector dye, send you away for a day or so and then re check with a UV light, this shows up the dye stain, they can also try and check it on the spot if the leak appears bad, cost will be sub $50 I feel, but get a price first.

Mhpautos