PROBLEMS

1999 Chrysler LHS • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 183,000 miles

My 1999 Chrysler LHS has a serious problem the starter does not spin but it whins when I turn the key. I replaced the starter with a new one and still have the same problem, I replaced the starter relay and I just installed a brand new battery 1 week before I had the starter problems. The old starter was tested at the auto parts store and it worked fine. The flywheel has no missing gears or chipped or worn down All fuses have been checked. The car has a electrial issue in the last 18 months I had to replace the battery 3 times, the interior lights would stay on, the heater comes on everytime you start the car, I took out the fuses for the interior lights and the radio. In has helped some but the battery still winds up with a dead cell every few months. Do you think the electrial issue the car has might have something to do with the starter problems right now? Need help Thanks
Solo44

The starter motor drive pinion could be too far from the flexplate-try shimming it-engine could be seized-up