ENGINE LEAK

1999 Chrysler LHS • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic •

1999 Chrysler LHS with a 3.5L HO V6.

I just noticed residue from an apparent leak where my car was parked overnight. It was dark at the time I noticed it, but it looked oily when I wiped my finger through the "spot", appeared dark on my finger (as an oil leak would) but it smelled like gasoline. The residue wiped off easily, without leaving any residue on my finger as dirty oil would, but the gas odor remained. I simply washed it off quickly, with no odor remaining. I know usually gasoline is hard to wash off your hands on the first attempt without athe strong gasoline odor remaining.

Any suggestions? For some background, I had the car serviced about 4000 miles ago for a radiator replacement and for a gasoline odor occuring while the engine was running. The shop replaced a injector rail they claimed was broken; the odor was stronger upon pickup of the car, so I left it again and they supposedly found a broken plastic gas line somewhere. I'm not experiencing a gasoline odor as before, but now I found this spot.

Thanks for any help. Regards. Joey
Joey Akers

Sounds like gas leak passed oil leak on way to ground? Unless it's an oil leak from gas in the oil?

Fixitmr