99 BLOWS HOT AIR

1999 Chrysler LHS • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic •

I have a 99 Chrysler LHS. When you turn on the air conditioning it (might) blow cold for a few minutes then it will start blowing hot - really hot air. MOst of the time it just blows hot. Car is not overheating and the coolant is up to correct levels. The compressor is working and you can tell by feeling the evap line that it is cooling. Even checked the system with gages and the levels of 134 are correct. It just blows hot air all the time. Is there a switch or flap that is failing causing it to change from air to heat?
Jahcdp

Does AC control look like diagram?

Docfixit
Yes that is it exactly. As another note. If you switch the position of the air as it should come out of the vents or the defrost or down at your feet all this works. Any ideas?

Jahcdp
Trans in Park start engine set ACT to 75. Turn blower motor selsctro counterclockwise to off. Simultaneously press and hold floor, mix and front defrost buttons. Release when ATC begings to blink system will calibrate blend doors. If O.K. ATC return to normal operation anf "F" "C". If DTC's are present they will be displayed in two digits. Press MODE button to scroll then post codes

Docfixit
Ok Im going to go do this now. Any other suggestions after this. Could the ATC control be bad?

Jahcdp
Did exactly as you asked and the air is staying on now and is nice and cold. Thanks for your advice. Worked great!

Jahcdp
Keep info may happen again common fault

Docfixit
Got it saved. Thanks again.

Jahcdp
My car is doing the same thing. I followed your instructions and it gave me a code of 23

Cljones
Search for your problem here:

http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/

I have had similar problems with my 1993 Concorde and much assistance was given to me at the above-mentioned website.

Good luck,
edsager

Edsager