AC SYSTEM

1999 Chrysler Concorde • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 125,000 miles

I have a 99 chrysler concorde about 18 months ago I had my ac compressor replaced. This summer however my ac is blowing but not cold air, I have tried putting freon in and it works for an hour or two then it's back to not having cold air. I recall that about 5 months after I had the compressor replaced that a belt broke on the car while I was driving the car was still mobile so I assumed the belt didn't go to anything major but could this have something to do with my ac? At the time it broke the weather was cold so I wasn't using the ac then. Is there a belt that affects the ac system?
Ckmtgy

Was the refrigerant charge low, you can't just add refrigerant as if the system is over charged you can have problems, you need to get the system pressures tested and also ensure that the correct charge is added to the system, then we can see what is going on, a tech with good A/C pressure gauges can diagnosis many system faults.

Mhpautos
Ckmtgy: Yes, there is a belt which drives the compressor when the AC is energized. IF this belt is missing, the fan will come on, but the air won't blow cold.

Rivermikerat