STEERING RESISTANCE LX

1999 Chrysler Cirrus • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 211,000 miles

I have a Chrysler Cirrus LX, 1999, I've used both a Honda Civic and a 2001 Sebring Sedan and the steering is very easy, it seems with my vehicle the steering is rather hard. Its not "too" hard, but its much harder to turn the wheel when compared to the Civic and the Sebring. Fluid levels are good, I had to tighten the Belt because the belt would slip, thats fixed now. But its still resistant when turning the wheel. Is this normal? Should I seafoam the system? Air it out? Is my pump just smaller than the other cars?
Sacr3

The steering shouldn't be too hard to turn. If it feels worse than it should, check to make sure there are no leaks on the rack and pinion. You could have an internal bushing wearing causing more drag. Let me know what you find. NOTE: I have the same vehicle I use for work. The steering is a little tighter than our other vehicle, but normal for the vehicle.

Let me know what you find.