CHEVROLET TRUCK DOOR PROBLEM

1999 Chevrolet Truck • 100,000 miles

I am stuck having to crawl threw passenger side of vehicle to enter my 1999 3500 Chevy truck the drivers door will not open. What parts will I need to replace and how do I get the door to open. Please.I am not familiar with any of the doors inner workings so please include a diagram labeling different parts of the mechanism please thank you
Krystlestone

IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH HOW TO TAKE OFF THE DOOR PANEL----YOU TUBE VIDEOS OFTEN HELP."HOW TO REMOVE DOOR PANEL ON A 1999 CHEVY TRUCK". OR SOMETHING SIMILAR

THE BAD THING IS--THE DOOR IS SHUT, THIS WILL MAKE IT DIFFICULT TO REMOVE THE PANEL WITHOUT MAYBE DAMAGING IT. GETTING TO THE FASTENERS MAY PROVE TO BE A CHALLENGE!

A SMALL TIME BODY SHOP MIGHT DO THIS RATHER QUICKLY AND INEXPENSIVELY----THEY WILL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE, ONCE INSIDE

HOWEVER. SHOULD YOU WANT TO TRY A LAST DITCH EFFORT BEFORE TAKING IT SOMEWHERE.

. TRY THIS

OTHER THAN TAKING THE DOOR PANEL OFF INSIDE AND ACTUATING THE MECHANISM BY HAND. THEN REPAIRING WHATEVER IS WRONG INSIDE

I'VE FOUND THIS TO WORK ON STUCK DOORS

TRY TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY, "UNLOCK THE DOOR" (AS IF IT WOULD OPEN).I MEAN MAKE SURE THE LOCK MECHANISM IS IN THE OFF POSITION (INSIDE) YOU MIGHT EVEN DO IT WITH THE KEY FROM THE OUTSIDE. JUST MAKE SURE IT'S UNLOCKED, TO THE BEST OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE!

HAVE SOMEONE HOLD THE OUTSIDE HANDLE OPENEVEN ROLL THE WINDOW DOWN AND HAVE THEM HOLD THE HANDLE INSIDE (OPEN)---YOUR 2ND TRY

LAY SOMETHING LIKE A SMALL PIECE OF PLYWOOD ON THE DOOR PANEL--EVEN A TOWEL FOLDED UP TO SORTA CUSHION THE PLYWOOD, FLAT AS YOU CAN GET IT, AS CLOSE TO THE REAR OF THE DOOR AS POSSIBLE. THIS WILL SPREAD OUT THE "LOAD", MAYBE PREVENT DAMAGE TO THE DOOR PANEL (LIKE BUSTED PLASTIC)

LAY DOWN IN THE SEAT AND GIVE THE PLYWOOD A GOOD SWIFT MULE KICK!

HOPEFULLY IT WILL POP OPEN, AND YOU DON'T NAIL YOUR BUDDY HOLDING THE HANDLE ON THE OUTSIDE!

AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS. SORTA KNOW WHEN TO QUIT. IT MAY NOT HAPPEN

CONTINUING TO KICK MAY DAMAGE SOMETHING. INCLUDING YOU!

I'VE DONE THIS ON DIFFERENT CARS FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY, EVEN IN THE AUTO SALVAGE YARD WHEN A DOOR NEEDED TO BE OPENED

SHOULD IT COME OPEN DURING YOUR KICKSINSPECT THE SITUATION---MAYBE A CHUNK OF WOOD--OR A TOY GOT SLAMMED IN THERE. THUS WEDGING IT TIGHT. COULD BE THAT YOU NEED TO SPRAY SOME LUBRICANT IN THE MECHANISM IN THE JAMBJUST DO THIS PRIOR TO CLOSING IT BACK!

I ALSO LOOKED IN YOU TUBE FOR YOUR EXACT SITUATION--YOU MAY FIND SOMETHING SIMILAR FOR OTHER CARS, IF YOU ALTER SEARCH WORDING

LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES

(NEVER HAD THAT PROBLEM WITH MINE)