CHEVROLET TRACKER COOLANT PROBLEM

1999 Chevrolet Tracker • 194,000 miles

99 chevy tracker 2.0 put new rad, new cooling fan new thermostat, new hoses on it getting good heat temp guage running normal but rad boils over
Samflenner

You may have a bad head gasket. With the engine cold, remove the radiator cap and start the engine. Does coolant shoot out of the radiator?

Thank you I wil try this first thing in the morning. But if was head gasket wouldnt their be water in the oil or vice versa?

Samflenner
No. But I think I found the problem new rad cap seal was split

Samflenner
New rad cap so far so good want to make sure first before I drain water out and replace with 50/50 mix

Samflenner
Great! I hope that is all that was wrong. As far as your question regarding the coolant and oil mixing, that doesn't always happen. I had you remove the rad cap because many times the compressed air from the cylinders get into the cooling system with a bad head gasket. That would have caused you to think the radiator was boiling over and it would have shot the coolant out with the cap off.

Let me know if it continues working.