HOW TO FIX A AIR CONDITIONER IN A CHEVY K1500 4X4

1999 Chevrolet Suburban • 160,000 miles

Seems we have a leak in the air conditioner line and also a short in the main control where you turn it off and on please explain to me on how to fix this problem THANK YOU
Katerina

Which line? There are 4-6 lines depending on rear air or not.
What short? What are the symptoms?

For the short, when we turn the off and on control **** and try to turn it from off to low. Med. Or high it dosent turn on unless we jiggle or put pressure on the **** or the face of the dash control board-For the lines its the main line from what I can tell. From the area where the water from the air conditioner gathers to the rear AC

Katerina
Were it has **** it means k n o b (:

Katerina
It sounds like the control head has a connection issues and needs to be checked to see if it has to be cleaned or replaced.
The lines run from the rear unit to under the passenger seat. These lines are sold as a pair and may also come with the heater lines as well. You can verify that with a gm dealer parts department. When you call, make sure you have the last 9 of your vin number so they can be accurate in there pricing. Be aware, they are costly and the labor is about 3-5 hours to replace them plus the dryer, orfice tube, coolant flush.

Thank you for your reply I will check it out

Katerina