WHAT IS THE SOUND LIKE ELECTRICAL PULSATION BEHIND DASHBOARD IN

1999 Chevrolet Silverado • 93,000 miles

I've looked extensively online and nobody has asked about this. There is a sound like an electrical pulsation behind perhaps the glove compartment or the passenger airbag - like an electrical signal to something, in my Silverado truck. It lasts about 3-4 seconds and then goes off, only to come back again in about 30 seconds. Does anyone have any idea what it might be? I don't see any performance issues in the truck.
Lhutchsn

Blend door motor for the heat/ac system.

Common failure.

Lhutchsn posted this in an email.

The blend door motor. But if I turn off the A/C and the fan, shouldn't the sound stop then?
Thanks.

2CarPros Mike
This motor is activated by changing from cold to hot and the other is the motor that directs air flow. Does the air flow change when the noise occurs? If not, then it is the one for cold to hot.

Get a shop to verify it and give you a bid.

Sorry it took so long, I was working a 13 hour day yesterday.

I appreciate your help and am sorry you had such a long day. If I want to change the air flow I can and I can also go from hot to cold using the controls. Nothing changes when the noise occurs. It just makes that noise. Also, the noise continues even if the fan and the a/c are turned off. None of those motors should want to work then should they? Thanks again for your help.

Lhutchsn
I actually love my job and get caught up in it very easily.

I was just thinking of something. Do you have a power antennae outside the truck? The relay is inside and can do this as well.

No I don't have a power antenna. Wish it were that simple.

Lhutchsn
Well, I am out of ideas. Sorry. I still think that it is one of the mode door motors. You need to have a shop listen to it and figure out the noise and give you a bid.

I'll do it. Thanks so much for your help.

Lhutchsn