KNOCK SENSOR LOW INPUT

1999 Chevrolet Silverado • V8 4WD Automatic • 168,000 miles

I have a 1999 chevy silverado with a 5.3 motor. I was getting codes for system too lean bank one and bank two. I replaced my intake gaskets and since I had the intake off I also replaced both knock sensors. So far I have no system too lean codes. But now I have codes for the knock sensors. Codes are po327 and po332. Knock sensor bank one and bank two circuit low input. Could there be a chance that both new sensors are bad? Are the sensors maybe not torqued enough? Or is the wiring bad? I was told to replace the wiring cause the wires are exposed to heating and cooling and the metal in the wires broke when I moved them. Any info would help.
Chevyman54173

Are the knock sensors OEM or after market? After market sensors might cause the problem indicated as they could be diffrent in rating. I would say you need to check the wiring again. Chances are there is a problem there. If you had broken wires, you may want to consider just replacing them rather than a repair.

Yes they are after market sensors. BWD is the brand name. What do you mean by different rating? ANy more info would be very helpfull.

Chevyman54173
After checking through our database, possible causes for the trouble codes could be triggerred by loose or overtorqued KS.