COST TO FIX

1999 Chevrolet S-10 • 4 cylinder 2WD Manual • 145,000 miles

1999 Chevrolet S-10, 4-cylinder 2.2-liter, rear wheel drive, manual transmission.

Pick-up running rough, loss of power, service engine light comes on, I drive to a well known national service center to get code read, they say code is P0300B which means misfire on cylinders #1 & #4, they bring out the coil packs they both have cracks, I tell them to replace both of them. I pay and leave for 32 mile drive home, life is great everything seems fine.

Wake up the next morning it’s doing the same thing. Drive 32 miles back to national service center, same code P0300B, the say they think it maybe a weak valve spring, burnt valve, or a bad exhaust valve, they say they can’t do that work their, tell me not to drive when service engine light is on, they say unburnt fuel drive can damage catalytic converter home 32 miles park pick-up.

My question is what is wrong with my truck, and how much will it cost to be fixed.
Hillsdale

--Check the sparkplugs, compression and injectors for cyl. No.1/4