CHEVY ENGINE PROBLEM 100000+ MILES.

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier • 100,000 miles

Wont start due to water on the spark plugs. Wondering if it blew the head gasket? With no water in the oil, can it still be a blown gasket or the head getting cracked? Ran fine but did overheat slightly. Not enough to make the motor quit or stall. Water was all over engine compartment. Could water have seeped pass the plugs into the cylinders? Help Please
MoneyCount

You can get it pressure tested to find leak or just refill and watch what happens? Could be squirting from somewhere onto engine.

Fixitmr
After a pressure test and there is a leak, wouldnt water be in the oil if it was the gasket or the head or is that not always true?

MoneyCount
You mean spark plug TIPS after removal are wet?

Fixitmr

MoneyCount
Water on plugs is blown gasket. Not always true it gets into oil pan.

Fixitmr
Ok Thanks. Blown gasket is what I figured though. Now my brother tried starting it today ( I wasnt there) and said it had backfired. Does this mean that it jumped timing also?

MoneyCount
They say if a low compression reading on the first stroke which doesnt build up during successive strokes indicates leaking valves or a blown head gasket (or a cracked head) may be the cause. If two adjacent cylinders have equally low compression, there's a strong possibility the head gasket is blown. The appearance of coolant in the combustion chambers or the crankcase would verify this condition.I'm sure compression test will show this.A blown gasket from the symptoms. Thanks Guys

MoneyCount