WET WEATHER STARTING

1999 Chevrolet Blazer • 170,000 miles

Your answer didn't address the moisture issue which is THE issue. The car either stumbles and starts or just cranks before it stumbles and starts. Is it possible the moisture from rain could short out the fuel pump (which has recently been replaced) at either the tank end or engine end? I seriously doubt it could be anywhere in the electrics to the pump, but still, that would b the only area it could be close to the ground. If that were the case the engine probably wouldn't run at all. Somehow moisture from the rain is getting into some component which controls the ignition or fuel because the engine (usually) just cranks without trying to start. It acts like either the vibration or heat generated while starting is barely enough to shake and or dry out the affected component. I'll check the fuel pressure while cranking to eliminate that, but I'm suspicious of the distributor like unit at the rear of the engine, there may be a leak in the hood seal or a piece of debris acting as a channel for water to dribble into that "distributor" unit. Thanks
for the help.
Balky Chevy

Having not read the previous question thing to check here is see where the ecm is mounted. It cold be getting water in it if it's not already. Also check the ground for corrosion on cylinder head, see pic. Also there may be a poppet valve problem with the cpi which is an involved process here is the tsb number.00-06-04-003B, make sure there is compression, etc. And wires all the igniot stuff is good and also remove dist cap and check for play I n rotor which there should be none, if there is pull dist out and check gear for worn gear as this happens as well.