STARTING PROBLEM

1999 Chevrolet Blazer • 151,000 miles

Ok, Since the weather has started to get colder the problem has started. I have had problems with the distributor cap fouling, have recently changed it out, plugs and wire changed 6 months ago. The engine will turn over, but not start. I ran the battery down the other day trying to start the vehicle, in the mean time I changed the fuel filter. When I was able I jumped the vehicle off and it started and ran fine, however the next morning it started again. I had the battery checked and it was bad, so now a new battery and still the same thing. The engine will turn over but not start, it will sputter like it fires for a second and then die, but when I hook up another car to jump it the vehicle starts first crank and runs fine. I did try an new coil and there was no change. Could it be the ignition control module or maybe the fuel pump?
Hawkeye882

Get an accurate fuel pressure gauge and monitor the fuel pressure while this is occurring. This engine requires a minimum or 55PSI to run and it should be even higher.

Wrenchtech