CHEVROLET BLAZER ENGINE PROBLEM

1999 Chevrolet Blazer • 13,500 miles

I had an intermittent immobilizer problem that has moved from inconvenient (would not allow the engine to start for 10 mins after stopping the engine running) to downright annoying (2 days in a row will not allow the engine to start unless I leave it in excess of 4 hrs to reset).
When I turn the key in the ignition, all usual dashboard lights come on, then when I try to start engine all lights etc go out, no starter, nothing.
As soon as I release key back to run position all lights etc come back on.
I have a UK spec vehicle with the factory alarm unit.
I don't normally use the alarm, just lock the vehicle with the power lock button on the door.
Clearly there is something wrong with the immobilizer.
I have been told that it is possible to re-wire it so as to disable the immobilizer. I have fitted car alarms to a number of vehicles, and am competent at electrics, but I don't have a wiring diagram or the knowledge of the immobilizer/security system. Is this something you can assist me with?
I Have tried the a relearn on the pass-key:
GM PASS LOCK RELEARN- Ignition to "run" position, try to start and let key return to "run" position
Approx ten minutes security light will go off
Turn key "off" and wait 5 seconds
Repeat 2 more times for a total of 3 relearns.
Turn key off, then start it
It started for a couple of days and now will not at all. I have let it sit for almost a year now and tried put a new battery in it and still nothing. Please help
Jamiedetty

You need to have a dealer scan the computer when this happens. They are the only ones that have the proper test equipment.