CHEVROLET BLAZER COIL WIRE PROBLEM

1999 Chevrolet Blazer • 153,000 miles

My 1999 chevy blazer with the 4.3l vortec v6 has cylinder 4 misfire. I have replaced the plugs, wires, rotor, and cap multiple times. The coil wire is arcing at the coil and distributor cap; which is what I believe is causing the misfire. What is causing the coil to arc? Is the arcing causing the misfire?
Chriscampbell96

Most likely that is causing the problem. Have you replaced the coil wire?

Yes, I've replaced the coil wire every time I've replaced the wires.

Chriscampbell96
Is the coil cracked? Explain exactly where the arc is located.

I have not found a crack in it the only thing I have found is that it moves a little bit on the mounting bracket. It's arching right where the wire connects to the coil and then where the other end of the wire connects to the distributor cap.

Chriscampbell96
Can you tighten the mount? Also, have you checked for cracks?

The coil still has rivets in it from the factory holding it to the bracket. I have once but I'll go look it over again.

Chriscampbell96
Where is a crack in the coil most likely to be at?

Chriscampbell96
Near where the coil wire goes on. Is it arcing to the mount?

I didn't find a crack but I guess there is always a possibility of a hairline crack. I don't believe it's arcing to the bracket but I can't check right now bc it's not dark outside

Chriscampbell96
Let me know