CHEVY

1999 Chevrolet Blazer • 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 130,000 miles

My Chev Blazer 1999 won't start we it does sometimes. It has been with the mechanic for a week now and they have changed the battery, the spark plugsand have run a scan over it that says there is no problem. They have checked the fuel pressure. Everything appears to be fine but it will not start? Can someone please help me?
Jo currie

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems
with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing
belt/chain.