FIX FOR STRIPPED BLOCK SIDE FOR BELT PULLEY

1999 Cadillac Deville • 150,000 miles

I have a 99 Cadillac deville. The serpentine belt pulley was recently replaced. The previous one broke at the block. I used an easy out to successfully remove the bolt. I checked the pulley a couple days later and noticed it was loose. I removed the pulley and the block side was stripped out. The helicoil inserts I found were too short. Do you have any suggestions?
Jgallo

Have you tried something called a timesert?They use them at the dealer to repair the threads when there damaged.

I was under the impression they are only for head bolts.

Jgallo
No they have all different sizes they even make a caddy timesert kit.I had a timesert kit at the saturn dealer I worked at had all different sizes.A timesert is a perment thread repair that is better and strong then the helicoil repair. What size is the threads your trying to repair?

I believe the size is 10Mx 1.5

Jgallo
They have timesert engine and transmission thread repair kits. There not just for head bolts they have spark plug ones and just general thread repair.I found one your size with a 30mm length. Is that deep enough for you?

Yes. Thanks for all the helpful info!

Jgallo
Your welcome anytime look on ebay they have tons of timeserts you might be able to get a whole kit for the price of just that one size kit. Let me know how you make out.