REPAIRS

1999 Cadillac Concours • V8 • 80,180 miles

Do you have to lift the transmission out of a cadillac concours to replace the oil pan gasket and valve cover casket?
Mkeaddy

Yes you do have to remove the transmission to replace the oil pan gasket. But you don't have to do that to replace the valve cover gasket.

Ernest Clark
Thank you. Can you give me a guessimate on what you think this should cost. Not at the cadillic dealership. Private owned mech.
This is in Columbia SC.

Mkeaddy
Price will be around $20 for each gasket but labor will run around $600-$1000 depending on where you go.

Ernest Clark
If u do the front and rear seals and pan yes

Cadieman
Did you find a shop for the price you were looking for?

Ernest Clark
Have not found one yet. I am looking for one that I feel will
be honest with me. I am a lady and I do not know that much about
cars. Do you by any chance have any list of mec. In Columbia SC.
Thank you.

Mkeaddy
I'm not familiar with your area. But try talking to friends and family who've had good experiences. Also, try to find a shop offering a free estimate. Then get another estimate from another shop, and don't hesitate to tell them if one place is cheaper than the other. They'll want your business.

Ernest Clark
U want to find a shop certified in ac delco repair center. They should quote u for free. Make sure to get a est. For front and rear crank seals, oil pan, front trans seal. May as well do it all while there in there. Before u repair this u need to have to put dye in the oil and they put a back lite on it to see where the leaks are. A lot of shops just shot from the hip to make labor. When they ck. It with a lite they can show u where its leakin from goodluck

Cadieman
It's better to find a shop through a friend or family member. They also sometimes offer discounts this way.

Ernest Clark