HERE'S HOW YOU REPAIR DIGITAL ODOMETER ON A

1999 Buick Century • 6 cylinder • 193,630 miles

1999 Buick Century 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

my odometer is digital and doesnt light up, is there a fuse or a light bulb I need to replace. Same with check engine light. Thanks, cheryl. Well I had the same problem. The trouble is (4) 150 ohm resistors on the back of your instrument panel that are surface mounted and subseptible to heat, causing them to become loose or totally separated from the circuit board. The fix is to remove the intrument cluster "check youtube for the video". Replace these (4) resistors with ones from radio shack. Here are the specs for the (4) resistore ( 150 ohms, 1/4 watt, at 5% tolerance) total cost for the resistors $ 1.50, time to effect the repair ( about 45 minutes) enjoy.
TheSensei

Nice advice if you have the right cluster. I've repaired thousands of car radios for the same issue but I've never had to replace any resistors, just resolder them. There are many other things that go wrong with these digital clusters, especially with the GM units. I've had good luck with the few older Chrysler ones I've repaired but for GM you will see there are a huge number of repair shops specializing in these repairs so you know it's a common problem. I sent my last one to Advanced Automotive Electronics and was very happy with the price and speed. After repairing tvs and vcrs for over 35 years, I know what to look for with bad connections and surface mount resistors. This last cluster had neither of those.