BMW 320I THERMOSTAT PROBLEM

1999 BMW 320i • 65,000 miles

I was driving my car and suddenly had this funny smell and the dashboard on the temperature side started heating up and now I had to add some coolant and water but will this problem persist and if so what needs to be done and all the manuals are in japanese
Wondermandhuku

Are you saying that the actual dash started to heat up?

Mhpautos
No I meant the gauge on the dash board sorry for the wrong phrase but a certain mechanic was of the idea that we get rid of the thermostat because of different climatic conditions by the way iam in africa and the car came from germany

Wondermandhuku
You should be able to get a cooler running thermostat and make sure that rest of the cooling system is working as it should.

Mhpautos
So where do I get this thermostat esp in zimbabwe and if you are well versed where can I get the quotes and if you have them just send me the quote thank you in advance or rather just give me the specifications

Wondermandhuku
I am in Australia, I have no idea as to where you would go in Zimbabwe.

Mhpautos