VOLVO V70 BATTERY PROBLEM

1998 Volvo V70 • 225,000 miles

Alternator, went out, I replaced the voltage regulator. The battery was completely dead as I left the lights on. Anyway after a jump it started right up. However after letting run for awhile, The moment I put into drive the lights started flickering and it changed economy drive to super and shuddered like it would die I was able to reve it up but finally died and everything went dead.
Repeated everything after jumping it off and same thing happened again. BTW it idled with out the battery coming but die when I tried to drive it.
Catdad

Did you replace the alt? You mentioned the regulator but not the alt. Also, are you sure the battery is good? You should remove it and recharge. Just jumping the car won't recharge a dead battery.

It maybe because I left the parking lights on for a week until I got the regulator in the mail. When I first jumped it purred like a kitten until I tried to drive it. My brother in law seem to think the regulator would keep it running. Did not change the alternator, because it did not seem to have a bad bearing but one of the regulator brushes seemed low. Will a dead battery make the lights go crazy and transmission change from economy to super. It has 3 different drive choices. BTW I took the drive line out and made it front wheel drive after the U joint was going bad. New drive line was $1000
Thank You for your time

Catdad
PS I had planned on charging it up tomorrow

Catdad