CAN ANYBODY HELP ME OUT WITH A P0301 CODE??

1998 Volvo S70 • 135,000 miles

Well today my 1998 Volvo S70 encountered a strange problem. The car has been running good until yesterday with no problems and today I was driving it and I was going onto the highway I hit the gas to pass on coming cars and all off a sudden as I was picking up speed my car started to drive to a sort of stumble as it tried to pick up more speed then my CEL come on flashing for a few seconds and then it stayed on constant and it's still on. Now after that whenever I am sitting still in park, come to a stop like a red light or stop sign it idles rough almost feels like it wants to stall out. Once it gets moving like after 25mph it goes along fine but when you come to a stop it idles rough and when you try to take off from a stop it hesitates like it's lacking power.

So today I went to advanced auto parts and pick up the following:

New Spark Plugs- Autolite Coppers Part# 3923

New Spark Plug Wires - Autolite Professional Series Part# 97053

Bosch- Rotor & Distributor both parts look identical to the ones already in my S70.

Before I replaced everything I did a quick check by starting up the car and pulling out each spark plug wire from the spark plug one by one and looked for any change in the engine. Everyone I pulled made a noticeable change expect Cylinder 1 (also called out by the code reader). However I changed all the parts I listed above (and they were due) and still the same problem. I did the quick check again with the new parts by pulling up the spark plugs wires and again the same thing cylinder 1 had no noticeable change with the new parts. What can the problem be the ignition coil? Do I have to use only and change what I replaced to OEM Volvo Parts? I'm confused now what other causes could cause this cylinder 1 misfire. Thanks

1998 Volvo S70 GLT 135,000 Miles

My code reader give the P0301 code and also the data with the car off. It is displayed as followed:

Fuel Sys 1 CL
Fuel Sys 2 NA
Calc Load(%) 2.0
ECT(F) 187
STFT B1(%) 3.1
LTFT B1(%) -3.1
Eng RPM 870
Veh Speed(mph) 6

Anybody have any ideas or had a similar problem thanks.
Mikey4040

P0301 is misfire detected in Cylinder #1. Check compression, since you've already changed all those parts.

Rivermikerat