STALLING AFTER STARTING AND DRIVING

1998 Subaru Forester • 4 cylinder AWD Automatic • 140,000 miles

My 1998 Forester is stalling after starting and while driving. It also bucks like it's running out of gas or going in and out of gear sometimes and may or may not stall when it does this AT Temp light flashes when this happens and some times check engine light comes on. Some times, especially when it's hot outside, it won't restart without a jump.(Battery and Alts. Been tested)Knock sensor has been replaced. The codes say it's the Mass Airflow Sensor, but a repair man put on on and said it made it run worse, so he removed it and just cleaned mine. Didn't help at all. I t's been put on a machine, but it still say Mass Air flow Sensor. Any advise or comments? Really need help!
Lisa4

I would like to know the EXACT trouble code that you are getting.
Apart from the CEL trouble code, was there any trouble code for the transmission?

Hi, I asked the Mechanic what codes he remembered, and he said the only codes it showed at all was the MAS, MAF, which he said wewre the same thing, mass airflow sensor.

Lisa4
I need to know the code numbers.

Sorry, But I don't have that information

Lisa4
Most parts stores provides free scanning services. Get the codes from them and let me know what they are.