SATURN SW1 ENGINE PROBLEM

1998 Saturn SW1 • 150,000 miles

I have a saturn sw1 1998 and when we want to start it for the first time in the day, it go find. But for the other time after the car start with a lot of difficulties or just, the starter start, start, start but the engine not start. We need to press pedal at bottom to make the engine start but the rpm goes down and the engine go off. We need to give gas for like 10 seconds at 2000rpm to make the engine okay. After the rpm goes at 1000 and it okay. It's like if the chook do not go !

HELP !
Mania09

Sounds like a bad coolant temp sensor really common on those cars. Also inspect the inside of the coolant temp sensor connector if the terminals are green or blue instead of silver you will need a new connector also.

I think that's true because the temperature indicator can, sometime, be at the middle of the gage when we start the car and few minutes later, go down at cold.

Mania09
Yeah I have replaced a ton of the coolant temp sensors for that and a whole lot of other symptoms. Change it and inspect the connector and let me know what happens?