HOW DO YOU GET THE DUST BOOT OFF THE BRAKE CALIPER BRACKET?

1998 Saturn SL2 • 175,645 miles

On the brackets there are a pair of dust boots for the pin bolts. One pops right off but the other doesn't, and on the opposite side there is a small black rubber circle thing I'm assuming must be the other end of the boot. I'm overhauling and getting ready to paint the calipers and brackets but can't get the boot out without stretching or tearing it. Is there a way to do this? The manuals say nothing about it.
Dandywolf

The one your talking about goes the length of the caliper pin it might tear removing it. The other one is short and is just a dust boot. Your best bet is to get new ones.

So. After I get new ones how do I get the old ones out and the new ones in? I guess what I'm saying is the boot is in good condition so how do I get it out without tearing it? Or, if the only way is to rip it out and get new ones, how do you put them in? I've never seen ones like these.

Dandywolf
I use lube and the caliper pin to install the new one. Would getting paint on the outside of the boot be a bad thing for you?Also if it doesnt come out I cut the end with a razor blade and pull the boot out.